Sometimes you want a nice meal that doesn’t take a ton of bowls and pots and pans. Ham, glaze, sides. Done. This is a recipe I’ve used for years. It’s simple and really compliments the ham. If you aren’t looking for a turkey for Thanksgiving or Easter, ham is always an excellent choice.
Sweet Honey Glazed Ham
adapted from All Recipes
- 1 (10 pound) fully-cooked, bone-in ham
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 large orange, juiced and zested
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place ham in a roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange juice, orange zest, Dijon mustard, and ground cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Bake ham in preheated oven uncovered for 2 hours. Remove ham from oven, and brush with glaze. Bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, brushing ham with glaze every 10 minutes.
|Chicken Stock, Red Onion, Green Pepper, Carrots. Toss all in rice cooker. Simple.|
|Steamed fresh green and yellow beans, tossed with butter and dill.|
|Buns. Gorgeous. Delicious. Part of my Adopt-a GF blogger post soon.|
All in all, a simple classic dinner. Tons of leftovers. Lucky me.